RESOURCES FOR SENIORS
Early Local Shopping Times and Places for Seniors and those at Higher-Risk:
- Costco, all locations: Costco will temporarily implement special operating hours for members who are 60 and older. Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m., . The pharmacy will also be open during this hour
- Aldi, all locations: Senior (and high-risk individuals and expectant mothers): hours are 8:30 to 9:30 AM Tuesday and Thursday.
- Kramer Foods, Hindsdale: Senior (and high-risk individuals) hours are 7:30 AM to 8 AM, Monday through Saturday and 8 AM to 8:30 AM on Sundays
- Whole Foods, Hindsdale: Senior (and high risk individuals) hours are 8 AM to 9 AM seven (7) days a week. Whole Food designates a senior as an individual 60 years of age or older.
- Standard Market, Westmont: Senior (and high risk individuals) hours are 7 AM to 8 AM seven (7) days a week. Standard Market designates a senior as an individual 60 years of age or older.
- Jewel Foods: all locations are offering Senior (and high risk individuals) hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 AM to 9 AM.
- Fresh Thyme Farmers Market: Downers Grove-Senior (and high risk individuals) hours will begin on March 23, 2020, Monday, Wednesday and Fridays from 6 AM to 8 AM.
- Pete’s Fresh Market, Oakbrook Terrace: Senior (and high risk individuals) hours from 7 AM to 8 AM seven (7) days a week.
These hours are in response to COVID-19, and are available to seniors and high-risk individuals until further notice by the respective food store.
Both Walgreens and CVS are offering free prescription deliveries. CVS is also offering free delivery of other items in their stores as well.
Grocery Store Shoppers and Help
We have volunteers available if you need assistance getting groceries. Click here for form and info.
Other Resource Needs
How else can we be of assistance? Contact the church office via email or phone 630.600.5100.