- Home »
- Serve »
- Immediate Needs »
- Support the Elmhurst Walk-In Ministry
Elmhurst Walk-In Ministry (EWIM) is a place where people of our faith communities, service organizations, businesses and caring individuals unite in partnership to provide compassionate and effective emergency assistance to people in need in our community.
Some ways you can help EWIM:
- Donate gift cards for EWIM's clients’ necessities (Walmart, Shoe Carnival, McDonalds, etc.) - $25 or less please
- Donate stamps or gift cards of any amount for EWIM office supplies (their operating expenses are 7% of our budget, so this helps more of their funds go to help clients)
- Pray for EWIM volunteers and the families that they serve
- Become an EWIM trained site volunteer - Contact them at 630-782-6006
- Bring your clean, gently-worn clothing to the clothes closet - First United Methodist Church at 232 S. York St. in Elmhurst (enter in back off parking lot & go down several steps)
- Make regular food & toiletry donations to area food pantries (located at Immaculate Conception and Yorkfield Presbyterian Churches)
- And, of course, donate cash! At least 93% of each cash donation goes directly to client services.
Unless otherwise noted, you can drop off or mail any donations to EWIM located at St. Peter's United Church of Christ, 125 W. Church St., Elmhurst, 60126.