Sign up for Email Updates

Follow Us

Facebook Twitter Twitter Live Stream Sermon Podcast


How to Receive Care at ECRC

Who do I contact if I need care?

Please reach out with needs—big or small, life-changing or simply nagging. The Care Department can’t promise to fix your troubles, but we can pray for or with you and offer listening, nonjudgmental ears and open hearts and minds—and, of course, see how else we can help.


✿ Here’s how we can help.

During the week (M-Th, 8:30-4:30; F, 8:30-12:30), call the Church Office at 630.600.5100 or Caryn Rivadeneira, Director of Care, at 630.600.5025 or email Caryn at

After hours or on weekends,  contact:

Caryn Rivadeneira, Director of Care: 630.600.5025

Bert DeJong, Pastor Emeritus and Congregational Care Associate: 630.600.5041

Gregg DeMey, Lead Pastor: 630.600.5030



Laura Boot, Congregational Care Associate,


If you need prayer, consider:

-Prayer teams: available after every Sunday morning service

-Prayer Chain: Requests can be sent to We reserve the right to edit the requests for privacy. The chain is sent to several hundred congregants and we cannot promise confidentiality.

-Prayer Triads: We have groups of three people and staff willing to pray for you in total confidence. To share your prayer request with a Prayer Triad, email Caryn Rivadeneira at

-Small Group or Ministry Team Leader: Don’t be shy asking people you serve with for prayer.

-In-person Prayer: A member of the Care Team would be happy to pray with you. Feel free to call or stop by the offices.

The Care Department has offered care in hands-on ways such as hospital or rehab center visits during extended stays, funeral or wake attendance, prayer support, deacon referral for financial needs, pastoral counseling, or coffee and conversation. Please let us know your care needs. Remember: we can’t help if we don’t know!

What can I expect when I need care?


  • Initial hospital visit done by a pastor (unless very short stay)
  • Follow-up visits done by Director of Care, pastor, small group leader/members, elder if appropriate
  • Support from Deaconesses,
  • Prayer support
  • Prayer shawl


  • Pastor attendance at the wake or funeral of a close family member (spouse, parent, child)
  • Support from your small group leader and members
  • Card from Deaconesses and funeral lunch if requested
  • Prayer support
  • Follow-up by Bereavement Ministry Team for two years

Other (broken relationships, addictions, financial difficulties, spiritual struggles, etc)

  • Pastoral Counseling if requested
  • Deacon support
  • Small Group support
  • Prayer support
  • Multi-team approach for complex situations including referrals to Elders, Deacons, Deaconesses, Healing Heart Ministry, Support Groups, other Healing Ministries, or Community Resources as appropriate