- Home »
- Ministries »
- Adults »
- MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers)
A learning and sharing experience for mothers
Have you ever felt like life was coming at you from all directions and you find yourself saying, “I’m sooo tired”, “Why is this happening to me?”, “God, are you there?” Do you long for a place to connect with moms that have similar values and deepen your faith?
We are a local chapter of MOPS International, a ministry that equips 'mothers of preschoolers' to become all that God designed them to be.
REGISTER: ONLINE (or just show up!)
About MOPS Meetings
- When: 1st and 3rd Tuesdays each month Sept - May from 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Where: Elmhurst CRC in the Garden Room
Each meeting includes
- Social time with other moms
- A short presentation led by a guest speaker
- Time to make a small craft or meal to take home for dinner that night (all supplies provided)
- Coffee, baked goods and breakfast dishes (or get a specialty drink at the church Java Stop!)
- Provided for children ages 0-2 in the church’s exceptional nursery
- Video monitoring in all rooms so you can see your child on the big screens outside the nursery
- Pagers are provided, so the nursery can contact you immediately if there are any issues
- Separate rooms for 2 year olds, 1 year olds, and babies (with an additional separate crib room!)
- Children ages 3-6 may attend Little Lambs, a Bible-based preschool program, which requires registration.
- Two hours twice a month to spend time with other moms (without the kids!)
- Meet other moms like you – make new friends and have fun!
- Learn about parenting from a Christian perspective
- You'll receive information about playdates, mom outings, faith-based engagements and other social activities.
- $5 per meeting, which covers the childcare staff, craft supplies, and other program costs.
- PLUS the MOPS annual registration fee of $23.95 which entitles you to the following:
- One-year subscription to MomSense Magazine
- Weekly Mom eMail
- MOPS Reusable Shopping Bag
- MOPS Iron On Appliqués (super cute!)
- MOPS Stickers featuring VeggieTales
- It also provides support and encouragement to mothers all around the globe.
Schedule Spring 2020
MOPS stands for Mothers of PreSchoolers. MOPS is a worldwide non-denominational ministry that encourages mothers of young children, who are adjusting to the joys and challenges of motherhood. MOPS is about celebrating motherhood, meeting needs, making connections, and experiencing God's love. MOPS International exists to encourage, equip and develop every mother of preschoolers to realized her potential as a woman, mother, and leader in the name of Jesus Christ. While many organizations focus on making a better world for our children, MOPS focuses on making better children for our world. How? By meeting the needs of their mothers, because when we impact a mom, we impact a child, and ultimately, impact the world. Better moms make a better world.