- Home »
- Ministries »
- Adults »
- Coffee Break Bible Study
A weekly Bible Study for the community
Coffee Break Bible Study is a comfortable and supportive place to connect with others. We start with coffee and conversation, and then move into a short introductory presentation which includes music, videos and/or speakers. After that, we break into groups to study the Bible. No Bible experience is necessary and everyone is welcome.
Current attendees describe Coffee Break as:
- groups with vibrant discussions
- a place to connect
Coffee Break is for everyone. Daytime groups are for women. Wednesday evening includes groups for couples, as well as groups for women only.
Summer Coffee Break - register at the link below!
- Men & Women's Group - a group for couples and single men, led by Mac & Karen Wiener
- Study: Love - The Greatest Gift of All - this study will help you build a foundation of confidence in God's love for you. You will be encouraged and equipped to respond to his love by loving others.
- Dates: Wednesdays, June 6 through July 26 - meeting on Thursday, July 5 instead of Wednesday, July 4 (8 weeks)
- Time: 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
- Place: Elmhurst CRC, Upstairs Room 207
- Women's Group - a women's group led by Linda Fretch and Dolores Austin
- Study: Woman of God - Scripture is the best guide to help you develop traits of a Godly woman - and show you how to claim God's grace when you fall short.
- Dates: Wednesdays, June 6, 13, 20 and July 11, 18 & 25 (6 weeks)
- Time: 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
- Place: Elmhurst CRC, Upstairs Room 208
2018 Fall Coffee Break - register at the link below!
- Fall Session kicks off on September 12/13, 2018 as we start with the study, Busyness: Finding God in the Whirlwind. In the whirlwind of our lives it may seem impossible to focus beyond the noise of daily demands. Explore ways of conversing with God in the midst of things, so we can keep our eyes on Jesus even when we are busy.
- Exploring the Hope of Heaven starts on November 14 & 15, 2018. Most people want to know about heaven and want to go there. But how can we know for sure what happens after we die? How can we know what heaven is like? How can we make sure we will go to heaven? Join us to learn what the Bible reveals to us about heaven.
- Discover Mark starts on January 9/10, 2019. Study the story of Jesus' mission in the action-packed gospel of Mark. By his power and authority, Jesus showed the people of his day that he was the promised Messiah.
- Discover Acts: The Road to Rome starts on March 6/7, 2019. Discover God's gracious provision and faith-building promises. As we finish Acts, Paul endures opposition from religious and government authorities, but is faithful to his mission.
- Click here to see the full 2018-19 Coffee Break schedule.
Coffee Break meets from September through April at these times - pick one time per week to attend:
- Wednesday and Thursday mornings from 9-11 a.m.
- Wednesday evenings from 7-8:30 p.m.
You may start Coffee Break at any time! Register online below, email us, or just show up! Coffee Break meets on the upper level wing of the church.
Free childcare (ages 0 through 2 years) is provided for the morning sessions. Many parents also enroll their preschool children (ages 3-6 years) in Little Lambs, which also meets during the morning sessions.
For more information, contact Coffee Break: